The Journal of Aksaray University FEAS, observes and follows the Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines prepared by COPE (Publication Ethics Committee) and the publication ethics principles, standards and recommendations determined by the ICMJE (International Committee of Medical Journal Editors). Following the Cope Guidance for Editors is within the scope of the Editors' duty, and the COPE Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers must be followed by journal referees. All articles that do not comply with the mentioned ethical standards are removed from the publication. This rule also valid for published articles that contains potential irregularities and non-conformances. Within the scope of publication ethics, all stakeholders are expected to comply with the ethical responsibilities briefly described below. Otherwise, any ethical case is evaluated in accordance with COPE rules.
Ethical guidelines that the editor should adhere:
1) Editor should ensure that manuscripts submitted to the journal are evaluated based on the quality of the manuscript and the referee comments without regard to religion, language, race, ethnic origin, political opinion and gender of the authors.
2) The editor should reject the manuscript in the case of ethical violations.
3) The editor should ensure the confidentiality of the information about the manuscripts submitted to the journal and should not share this information with anyone except the responsible author, referees and editorial board.
4) Editor should ensure the double blind peer review process.
5) Editors should not use the information presented in the manuscript for their own research.
6) Editor has full responsibility to reject, accept or request revisions to manuscripts submitted to the journal.
Ethical guidelines that authors should adhere:
1) Authors should declare that the submitted work is original and has not been published before.
2) Authors should declare that the study is not currently under review in another journal.
3) All authors mentioned in the study should have contributed to the experimental design and implementation in the study, or to the analysis and interpretation of the data.
4) Authors should provide access to the data sets they use in the article, if requested.
5) Authors should notify the editorial board if they notice significant errors in their published articles.
6) Authors should submit the ethics committee approval to the journal for studies that require ethics committee approval. Manuscripts without ethical committee approval will not be considered for review. If it is necessary to obtain “Ethics Committee Approval” for research, information on the ethics committee approval (name of the ethics committee, the approval number and the date of the approval document) should be indicated both in the method section and Author's Statement of the article.
Ethical guidelines that reviewers should adhere:
1) Reviewers should agree to review the manuscripts in which they have sufficient expertise.
2) Reviewers should agree to review the manuscripts which they think they can evaluate on time and adequately.
3) Reviewers should respect the confidentiality of the peer review process and should not reveal any information about the manuscript beyond that published during or after the review process.
4) Reviewers should not use the knowledge gained in the refereeing process for their own or others' advantage.
5) Reviewers should notify the editorial board of the journal when they suspect of plagiarism or other ethical violations.
6) Reviewers should not accept to review in situations where there may be a conflict of interest.
7) Reviewers should be objective and constructive in their evaluations and not make personal comments.
Relationships with the Journal's Owner and Publisher:
The relationship between the editors and publishers is based on the principle of the independence of editors.
Editorial and Blind Review Processes:
Editors are obliged to comply with the policies of the "Blind Review and Review Process" stated in the journal's publication policies. Therefore, the editors ensure that each manuscript is reviewed in an unbiased, fair, and timely manner.
Editors must make sure that articles in the journal are published in accordance with the publication policies of the journal and international standards.
Protection of Personal Information:
Editors are supposed to protect the personal information related to the subjects or visuals in the studies being reviewed and to reject the study if there is no documentation of the subjects' consent. Furthermore, editors are supposed to protect the personal information of the authors, reviewers, and readers.
Protection of Intellectual Property Rights:
Editors are responsible for protecting the intellectual property rights of all the articles published in the journal and the rights of the journal and author(s) in cases where these rights are violated. Also, editors must take the necessary precautions in order to prevent the content of all published articles from violating the intellectual property rights of other publications.
Political and Economic Apprehensions:
Neither the owner of the journal, publisher, or any other political or economical factor can influence the independent decision making of the editors.
Editors, acknowledging that there may be conflicting interests between reviewers and other editors, guarantee that the publication process of the manuscripts will be completed in an independent and unbiased manner.
1. The Journal of Aksaray University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences is a peer-reviewed, scientific and periodical journal published four times-- in the months of March, June, September and December-- in a year. The Journal of Aksaray University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, publishes original research articles and reviews prepared in Turkish or English in the fields of Business, Economics, Public Finance, Public Administration, International Relations, Econometrics, Labor Economics and Industrial Relations, Management Information Systems.bThe language of publication of the journal is Turkish and English.
2. The articles sent to the journal are subjected to the preliminary examination as to form and content at first. Form requirements and submission process must be carried out in accordance with the conditions of the Journal. The works that do not comply with these are subject to editorial refusal. The articles found acceptable in terms of form and content are presented to the editorial board to appoint referees. No guarantee is given for an article submitted to the journal to be taken into the referee process. In addition to this, the date for the evaluation process of the articles will not definitely be given.
3. Articles submitted to the journal are sent to at least two reviewers specialized in the subject field of the article for evaluation. In case that one of the referee reports is positive, and a second referee is negative, the publication decision is made by the journal editors. If necessary, the editorial board can send the article to a third reviewer for evaluation.
4. Articles submitted to the journal are not included in the evaluation process of another journal at the same time; nowhere should it have been previously accepted or published. Responsibility for this matter belongs to the author(s) of the article.
5. As required by the open and free academic publishing principle, the Journal of Aksaray University FEAS does not charge for article submission or evaluation fee.